(1) These General Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this platform and all publications of student theses on this platform.
(2) This platform contains content that is the property of BISE Student, content whose rights of use have been transferred to BISE Student, and content that is made available under a Creative Commons or Open Content license. The copyright to the content owned by BISE Student is held by BISE Student. The copyright to the content whose rights of use have been transferred to BISE Student is held by the respective authors of this content.
§ 2 Content of the contract and conclusion of the contract
(1) By the final confirmation the submitting author grants a non-exclusive temporally unlimited and spatially unrestricted right to publish the thesis to BISE Student without remuneration.
(2) By the final endorsement the endorser approves the authenticity as well as the quality of the submitting author’s thesis.
§ 3 Prices
(1) The provision of the submitting author's thesis is free of charge for the submitting author.
(2) The submitting author will not receive any remuneration for the publication.
§ 4 Cancellation policy & cancellation form
(1) The submitting author has the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason.
(2) In order to exercise the submitting author's right of withdrawal, the submitting author must inform us (BISE Student) by means of a clear declaration of the submitting author's decision to withdraw from this contract.
(3) If the submitting author withdraws from this contract, we must delete all information that we have received from the submitting author, without delay and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification of the submitting author's withdrawal from this contract.
§ 5 Duties of BISE Student
(1) BISE Student provides the contents. BISE Student does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness and quality of the content.
(2) BISE Student does not guarantee that this platform or its content are always available, or that it is free from bugs or viruses.
(3) BISE Student does not change contents of students‘ theses. The contents are in the author’s responsibility.
§ 6 Duties of the user
(1) All users of BISE Student, this includes thesis authors, thesis endorsers, and content users, may use this platform only for lawful purposes and not in a way that would violate any applicable laws. This applies to the use of this platform and any content users' contribute to this platform.
(2) The users must not misuse this platform by introducing viruses or other harmful material, and the users must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to this platform, or the server on which this platform is stored.
(3) The users' personal information that the users provide during the submission process must be the users' true identity. The users agree to keep their private keys used for this platform confidential and to not share it with any other person.
(4) The users may discontinue to use their account by notifying BISE Student to delete their account. The account will then be deleted. This does not affect any published content authored by the particular user.
(5) All users of BISE Student agree to indemnify and keep indemnified BISE Student, its affiliates, contractors and agents from and against any and all losses, costs, claims, damages or expenses of whatever nature and howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly from any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
§ 7 Duties of the submitting author
(1) The submitting author guarantees that they own the copyright in the submitted content and that they have the necessary rights to grant BISE Student a non-exclusive license to publish the content on an Open Access Basis; for multi-authored content the submitting author confirms that they are authorized to enter into these Terms and Conditions as their agent on every authors’ behalf; if the content includes materials of others, the submitting author has gained the permission of the copyright owners of all such materials to enable the submitting author to grant the license; the submitting author has acknowledged all sources of research funding, and disclosed any financial interest or benefit from their research.
(2) Nothing in the content is obscene, defamatory, discriminatory, fraudulent, or in violation of any right of privacy, and does not plagiarize any another published work or infringe any intellectual property rights or any other human, personal or other rights of any person or entity or is otherwise unlawful.
(3) All persons who have a claim to authorship are named as co-authors.
(4) Nothing in the content infringes any duty of confidentiality which the submitting author may owe to anyone else.
(5) All the submitting author's research has been conducted in an ethical and responsible manner.
(6) If people in the submitting author's research are identifiable, the submitting author got written informed consent to the inclusion of the material, text or image concerned.
§ 8 Final clauses
(1) Should one or more provisions of these GTC be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
(2) Contracts between BISE Student and the submitting author shall be governed exclusively by German law.